Monday 9 December 2013

The Project Concept

My final outcome for this project is not necessarily a final piece of art. While I could produce high quality digital paintings or models of a duo, which I would do if time permits, I've decided to put my research into practice. My process and pipeline is a major feature of the outcome, so I thought what better way to validate it than to test it with an audience?

I have designed characters from five species, four creature based and one human. There is one of each gender for all races, so there are ten characters in all. These will then be paired up, with the duo's relationship based on the reoccurring archetypes from my research. I intend for some pairs to be what's expected, but others will go against convention. The audience will be asked to look at the mixed up designs and descriptors, and be asked to match the as they see fit. This will essentially test my various assumptions from the researched theories against audience expectations, and justify my designs by industry standards.

This is the latest action plan, containing my methodology and critical framework.



The following are the aspects I consider most important in researching and designing for my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment